Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Blips of announcement and business meeting points...


Well first off all, the headlining news is that I have recieved some amazing entries to the rockabilly mama painting "contest"! Beyond excited for that and if you haven't recieved your email back CONTACT ME AGAIN! I have sent them all out but want to make sure all have recieved their replies. Some of you have had some amazing ideas, like the friend duo. I imagine that like a thelma and louise! Complete with revolvers. Ahh yes. But of course that's just me, it can go either way. Others are requests from amazing people I have met through the interwebs and etsy and due to that am just as excited to recieve their pictures to evaluate as well.


The main reason for the blip of a blog is to make the formal announcement (well actually it would be the second formal announcement, the first was on the HouseofSugar homepage almost two weeks ago) regarding the shipping situation. As most of you know and as the others I hope have taken note of, the priority shipping transfer has gone into effect!


To summarize, I announced changes to shipping that provided to be disasterous. I shipped a package to Texas, just two states over from where I currently am residing at, and it took ONE MONTH to arrive. One MONTH! And didn't arrive in the best condition. So I am sorry to say that from now on, unless you are purchasing papergoods, priority mail and above are the only options I will provide. I can not and will not and refuse and over my dead body will I try the media and parcel methods again. Severely disappointed and distraught over what some of my babies went through as well as if not more so what some of my customers went through.

So from now on, only priority mail and above (such as overnight) is provided. I apologize now for the increase in prices but it has to be done if I want to get any sleep at night! Monday shipping is still in effect however I am going to try to work in another shipping day if my budget allows (I am currently 45 minutes to the nearest post office... one way. Wowzas).


So there is your formal announcement announcement folks!


Keep the rockabilly mama emails coming you bombshells, you!
(And keep pestering me if you didn't recieve your emails back. I won't mind. In fact I'll be a glutton for punishment and welcome it. Yes. Bring it!)



PSS. (Yes I am aware that is not the correct term for a post post script, script.) I have yet to fix my computer that crashed due to an overwelcomed very nasty relative (gr) so public is still my only means of communication. Hopefully soon because this once every other day for the maximum of thirty minutes is not enough! Communication will still be slow, even slower than usual, but take solace knowing that I am thinking about you and the addiction that is etsy literally every single hour. Including dreams, true story.

Here are some prints I found off the most amazing free-right vintage medical and offity illustration site the other day. I literally did two runs through the house skipping, screaming and asking everyone I knew if it was Christmas:


I hope to put them to good use by casing them in resin against the frames and hopefully much more. That's as far as I've gotten with ideas but any are welcome! There's free loot in it for yah too.. just to mention... nudging nuding....

No comments: